Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual practice that has evolved to be a fitness routine. It is a fact that yoga practice helps with strength, balance, and flexibility—making it a useful practice to increase stamina and improve performance in bed.
Sex, in general, engages the whole body, specifically the four core groups: glutes; quads; core; and upper body. Research suggests that an hour of yoga practice per day links to prolonged ejaculation control and enhanced sexual performance.
In the following yoga sex poses, you will learn how to train these muscle groups and enhance your hip and pelvis mobility.
Yoga Sex Poses to Enhance Performance in the Sack
Also known as Chakravakasana, cat-cow is a yoga pose for improving posture and balance. This cat-cow movement flow helps improve flexibility to the spine — ideal for those with back pain.
The combination of cat and cow movements helps tone the hip and pelvis and strengthens the muscles that support your genitals, leading to better performance in bed.
How to do the Cat-Cow Pose:
- Begin on all fours in table pose, with a neutral spine. Move into a cow pose as you inhale, push your chest forward, and let your belly sink.
- Relax your shoulders as you lift your head and gaze straight ahead.
- Come into a cat pose while you exhale, rounding your spine outward.
- Relax as you transition from one pose to another. Repeat ten times.
While Cobra Pose is best known to help increase the spine’s flexibility, this yoga pose also stretches the chest and opens the lungs— improving breathing.
Cobra pose provides a gentle core work-out that improves posture. A strong core stabilizes control over your pelvis, which can make for better performance.
How to do the Cobra:
- Lie on your stomach on the floor. Spread your hands on the floor under your shoulders.
- Squeeze your elbows into your body.
- Inhale as you lift your head, shoulders, and chest.
- Maintain a slight bend in your elbows and keep your chest open.
- Engage your thighs, lower back, and abdominals.
- Hold for up to 30 seconds, release, and repeat for 1-3 times.
Boat pose is perfect to do with a partner. It is a yoga posture that develops and improves pelvic floor muscles. The pelvic floor muscles work to support the bowel, bladder, and sexual function.
How to do Boat Pose:
- Start seated, facing your partner.
- Bend your legs and plant your heels into the ground, putting your toes against each other.
- Extend your arms in front and hold on to each other’s arms right above the wrist.
- One side at a time, begin to raise your feet off the ground, allowing your soles to meet and extend your leg. Your bodies should form a W when set.
- Breathe here, maintaining balance and good form.
RELATED: How to Increase Stamina In 6 Steps
Bridge Pose provides an excellent stretch for your spine to help relieve pain and tension and stimulate body circulation. This pose also works your core and glutes.
How to do the Bridge Pose:
- To begin, lie on your back and fold your knees. Your feet must be parallel to each other and your heels below your knees.
- Keep your arms beside your body, palms facing down.
- As you inhale, lift your back off the floor starting from the lower back. The things must be parallel to the floor.
- Repeat this movement ten times.
- Relax your body in the starting position.
- Hold the pose in the top position for up to 1 minute.
This pose focuses more on stabilizing your core and the lower body. Locust pose strengthens your thighs, glutes, and spine. It also promotes circulation and flexibility in your hips.
How to do the Locust Pose:
- Lie on your stomach with your arms extended on the sides facing palms.
- Slowly lift your chest, head, and arms up as high as you can.
- Lift your head, arms, and chest off the floor as you inhale.
- Next, lift your legs off the ground as you exhale.
- Bring your arms up and away from your body.
- Engage your glutes, lower back, and abdominals.
- Hold for up to 30 seconds.
- Release the pose and return to the starting position.
- Rest and relax your body for a few breaths while gently moving your hips from side to side.
Practicing yoga provides numerous benefits to the mind and body. The above yoga sex poses are a perfect start for beginners to improve calmness and make you physically fit—helping you sexually. As a precaution, talk to your doctor before trying out complicated yoga poses to prevent injuries.
Do you want to optimize your sexual health? Opt health is a telemedicine platform that aims to reconnect men with wellness, strength, and sexual vitality through the science of preventive medicine. For questions, inquiries, or appointments, do not hesitate to contact us. Get personalized support and insight from top-tier physicians available for you 24/7.