Always on the go or feeling a little fatigued? If you want to keep yourself energized all day long, mix up your diet with the following five foods to increase stamina.
Don’t Kill Your Energy, Get These Foods to Increase Stamina
Types of Foods to Increase Stamina
Before we look at specific foods, the best types of foods to increase stamina should be a mix of:
- Calcium and Iron – These essential minerals help to build strong bones and oxygenate our blood. (e.g. liver and other organ meats, quinoa, and turkey).
- Complex Carbohydrates – Rich in dietary fiber and digested slowly, complex carbs provide the body with energy to fuel the brain and muscles. (e.g. whole wheat bread, buckwheat, plantain, sweet potatoes, pinto beans, black beans, and raspberries).
- Healthy Fats – Necessary for the body’s development and growth and increased absorption of fat-soluble vitamins like vitamins A, D, E, and K. (e.g avocados, eggs, dark chocolate, extra virgin olive oil, greek yogurt, chia seed, and fish).
- Proteins – After consuming proteins, our body breaks them down into amino acids, which are used to build hormones, red blood cells, tissues, and muscle repair and building. (e.g. eggs, cottage cheese, oat, chicken breast, almond, greek yogurt, broccoli).
- Vitamin C – Strengthens the immune system and regulates the chemical reactions taking place in the body. (e.g. oranges and orange juice, strawberries, blackcurrants).
Apples are a good source of natural sugars and fiber which means they can release energy slower and sustain it. Also high in antioxidants, they help you digest carbs slower, and therefore energy is released over a more extended period.
Foods to increase stamina tip: Eat apples whole for more fiber. Juices and purees have had the fiber removed.
Water is needed in so many functions in the cells, including energy production. Drinking enough water ensures continuous body functions, more energy and helps you fight off fatigue. Dehydration can leave you sluggish and more tired.
Foods to increase stamina tip: Drink throughout the day even if you don’t necessarily feel thirsty. 2-3 liters of water per day is usually recommended.
This superfood has different medicinal properties, including boosting libido and male fertility. In powdered form, it is considered one of the best foods for sexual stamina.
Foods to increase stamina tip: Maca powder clumps easily, so try sifting it before adding any water.
This traditional South American caffeine-rich drink is made from the leaves of a native holly tree. Caffeine increases the amount of epinephrine production, a hormone responsible for increasing energy.
Foods to increase stamina tip: Instead of drinking Yerba Mate as a hot drink, try it in juices for extra nutrition and taste.
This tropical fruit has high amounts of Vitamin C, potassium, protein, and beta-carotene, so there’s no wonder it’s great post-workout.
Foods to increase stamina tip: When adding camu to food, add it after cooking so it doesn’t lose its nutrients from heating.
There are so many good foods that can help with stamina strength and combat tiredness. Eating a well-balanced, healthy diet should provide you with all the essential nutrients needed to maintain a healthy life.
Are you looking for a solution to your health problem and optimize your health? Opt Health is a telemedicine platform aiming to help men regain their strength, wellness, and sexual vitality through preventive medicine.