Going to a well-equipped gym is considered the most effective way to work out and build up your muscles for many people. However, you don’t need any of that, and just your body weight will do. Here are five exercises for building muscles.
Easy-to-Do Exercises for Building Muscles
Doing push-ups workout your shoulder, triceps, and chest, which is the core of any building muscle exercise. Therefore, they are extremely important, so don’t leave them out of your routine.
How to do push-ups:
- Place your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart on the ground.
- Keep your legs straight and the tip of your toe touching the ground.
- Slowly lower your body down until your chest almost touches the ground.
- Then raise your body to its starting position.
Exercises for building muscles tip: Squeeze your glutes and tighten your abs as you lower and raise your body. You don’t need to do it quickly; try your best to do it in the right form and position.
RELATED: Benefits of Preventive Health Care
Tricep dips, which are also known as bench dips, are effective for strengthening your tricep. The back of your arms and shoulders is one of the most challenging places for losing fat and building up muscles.
How to do tricep dips:
- Prepare a bench or a chair. Sit at the edge of the chair/bench and place both your hands at the edge while keeping your knuckles facing forward.
- Extend your leg in front of you at a 90-degree angle, and your feet pointing ahead, shoulders are down, and elbows are close to your body.
- Slowly lower your body by flexing your elbows until your forearm and arm create a 90-degree angle.
- Use the force of your triceps and lift yourself back to the starting position.
Exercises for building muscles tip: Make sure that your chair/bench is firmly secure so that it won’t move when you’re exercising.
For anyone trying to get a fabulous six-pack, planking is probably one of the best ways to achieve this.
How to do a plank:
- Lying flat on your front. Push your body up in the push-up position.
- Instead of using your hands to support the body, use your forearms.
- Put your arms together in the shape of a triangle while keeping your body up.
- Tensing your abs and glutes (suck in the muscle around your belly button) and try to hold that position as long as you can.
- Slowly lower your body down, lying on your front if you are tired. Then repeat.
Exercises for building muscle tip: remember to keep your back straight and hold the position without letting your hips sag.
They help you improve your core strength and enhance your midsection but don’t overdo it. Core strength and midsection are considered the most critical factors for building muscle and improving your overall body strength.
How to do crunches:
- Lie flat on your back with your knees bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Put your hand either behind or beside your head.
- Lift your shoulders towards the ceiling using your abdominal muscles and stop for a short while at the peak of the action.
- Exhale and contract abs as you go up.
- Inhale and lower your back slowly until it is flat on the floor.
- Repeat the action.
Exercises for building muscle tip: Breathing in and contracting your abs is crucial for this exercise. For beginners, you should divide it into sets of 10 and raise the number of sets when you’re used to it.
Running/Jogging or Walking
This, without a doubt, is the most effective, cheapest, and easiest way to lose weight and build up body muscle. You don’t need fancy equipment like a treadmill or elliptical machine; all you need is a pair of running shoes. As you run, you will not only train your leg muscles but your entire body.
Exercises for building muscle tip: you can start with a short jog from 15 to 30 minutes every day and increase the time as you progress. Please don’t focus on the cardio for a more effective workout, but remember to tighten your abdominal muscles and pull them in.
The foremost important thing is to try your best to stick with your routine and don’t give up halfway through because hard work does pay off. Also, you can even combine your exercises for building muscles with a healthy muscle-boosting diet to maximize the result.
Let us know in the comment section below which muscle you would like to build and what have you done to achieve it?
Are you looking for ways to optimize your health and increase your overall well-being? Let Opt Health help you with your problems. Opt Health is a telemedicine platform aiming to help men regain their strength, wellness, and sexual vitality through preventive medicine.